Thursday, December 20, 2012

awkward silence

I get it.  What do you say to someone who has just lost their baby?  And not just their baby....their dreams of the future, their innocence to tragedy, and their heart. No words can ever take that away.  So I get the awkward silence.  Or the droopy eyes and pouty lips that probably intend to say Im sorry but rather just stare.  I cant say I wouldn't do the same.  But honestly, all we want to do is talk about her.  She is our daughter, not something we want to be shy of talking about. We dreamed our whole lives, and especially the last 9 months, of when our first born would enter the world. That moment you hear about when in an instant, you have never loved anything more.  Never seen anything so beautiful. You are holding in your arms a part of you. A bond that can never be broken. We had all of these things. And just because she never took a breathe on this earth, doesn't make me want to talk about her less. I don't want my perfect girl to be a taboo subject.  We still want to talk about her, especially with those closest to us.

And just to put it out there.....a 2 second text message asking "how you holding up?" Is going to get a 2 second text response. Most likely, "fine"....but if we're feeling really honest, it may say, "shitty". 

1 comment:

  1. I got so many texts and emails and FB messages asking just that--"How're you doing?"

    I ignored them for quite some time.

    I couldn't possibly put into words an answer. Sometimes I still can't, and I still get them. But I totally don't feel bad about not responding. I figure, if they're around when I feel like talking, good. If not...that's ok too.

    Thinking of you this week, Tiffany. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete