Wednesday, December 12, 2012


We went out of town for a weekend, just to get away from everything for a short time.  Its interesting how differently Colby and I are dealing with this.  It was a good distraction for Colby, even though he thought of her all the time.  For me, I felt like I left my baby at home.  I could not have gotten home fast enough.  I take time everyday to sit in her room.  Elliston was cremated, and we have her ashes in a cute pink box in her room.  So I still feel like she is with me.  We haven’t touched a thing in her room….I just don’t feel like its necessary.  Its way too cute.  I have moments where I still feel like she will be here any day.  When I was pregnant I used to sit in there and think about what she would look like and picture me feeding her in the rocking chair.  So much anticipation.  Sometimes now its easy to still think those things and forget that they are never going to happen.  There are moments when I am out where I panic and think, “Oh my God, I left the baby at home!”  I feel like I go back ten steps every time I realize again and again….Elliston will never be with us.  As much as I wish this to go away, it just never will.  At first I couldn’t even imagine what a “good day” felt like.  Then I had one.  Now I am having multiple good days in a row.  I still miss her every second of every day….but I am still waking up and still breathing.  Showering every day is a different story, but I start work on Monday so I need to get out of this habit.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi there Tiffany--

    I found your blog off the Babycenter boards...and I just came to have a look at your story with Elliston. I identify with so much you've written--I've written some of the very same things myself. We lost our sweet boy Luke at 39 weeks on September 10 this year...and it's been 3 months now. I have good days, and then sometimes I just lose it. Out of nowhere. This is such a strange journey, and it's definitely not one I imagined being on ever-in my life. But here we are.

    Going back to work really helped me get back into my routine. It was bizarre at first--How everything and nothing had changed, all at the same time.

    Hugs to you this weekend, as you get ready to go back...

    Jennifer
    Dear Luke...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen, I'd love to talk to you more. Please email me :)
    Tiffpitts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete